Top of rig to the bottom
Last two weeks Chad and I have been working on Darling from the top of the rig to the bottom.
What I was doing up the rig was removing the old top cap that had been demolished on the furler. It had damaged the foil so i had to hacksaw part of the foil then hammer out the old top cap and install a new one (as seen here). Instead of two machine screw I installed 4.
The remains of the old top cap and copious amounts of tape that had been put on instead of fixing the problem.
The batten pocket ends had suffered a lot of UV damage so the massive mainsail that ways 400 lbs had to be removed from the boom by Chad and I and carted up to my truck and taken to Doyle (who has ground floor access) for repair.
You can see from the different shades of blue the uv damage to the mainsail.
Some safety equipment has needed an overhaul.
The cloud from the Chevron fire over in Richmond luckily we were upwind.
View from the top of the rig.
Chad being domestic and doing the ironing. I did some as well! All those white sheets have to be ironed and hospital folded in the cabins.
Some nights I have been leaving pretty late.