Racing Yacht Management knows exactly what is needed in terms of preparation to ensure that your boat has the best possible chance of winning regattas or cruising safely. RYM's wealth of experience ensures you are equipped and prepared to get the most out of your time on the water whatever your level of experience.
RYM ensures all repairs and maintenance are consistently carried out to the highest level of quality. Whether it is simply re-rigging your yacht, selecting the crew or organizing your campaign; every aspect will have been thought through to the highest degree.
Our clients appreciate the hands on approach and friendly efficient business mentality. Take a look at our services section and our recent projects to give you an idea of how we can help you. Whatever your needs, whatever your level, Racing Yacht Management can help.
Each boat is treated individually and services are provided at a level commensurate with the owners experience, budget, goals and tpe of boat no matter what the project, we are always happy to discuss and address specific requirements.
Ashley has amassed over 65,000 ocean miles of racing and deliveries on many types of yachts IRC 46, Farr 40, J105, J120, GL70, Andrews 56, Moore 24, Etchells, 27M Jongert, Z86, IACC Yachts, RP70. She has raced offshore since age 13, starting in the English Channel. With 5 Fastnets, 2 Transatlantics and3 Pacific crossings to her credit, racing has taken her all over the world. In 2006 she was onboard Lively Lady II the winner of St David's Lighthouse Division in the 100th Newport Bermuda Race, she was also on the winning boat in the Rolex Transatlantic Race 2005.
- Professional race crew - specializing in bow, helm and crew boss positions (see Ashley Perrin's resume) Category 3 Professional USAAP7
- Deliveries worldwide - provides captain and crew for short or transoceanic deliveries.
- Passage planning and execution
- Provision of amateur and professional sailors of all skill sets ensuring the right chemistry in your crew.
- Coaching / Training - personally works with your crew to refresh their skills in safety, navigation, seamanship and racing technique to help them perform at the next highest level.
R Y M takes the time to assess your specific rigging requirements, making suggestions based on your level of experience, type of sailing (i.e. cruising, racing, shorthanded, fully crewed), type of boat and your budget. Our solutions are innovative and well designed using a wide range of high quality materials and products.
- Running rigging – splicing and tapering;
- Mast inspections, tuning, and maintenance/servicing;
- Deck-gear servicing and replacement - we are a reseller of Harken, Spinlock and other high quality products;
- Mast stepping and un-stepping;
- Deck layouts;
- Hardware selection and installation;
- New mast and standing rigging.
Working in conjunction with our affiliates, we can provide all forms of sea, air and land transportation. We handle the necessary logistics for large and small race teams and their families both domestically and internationally and are comfortable working in foreign cultures. We have undertaken many challenging projects during events such as the Around Alone, East Coast Circuit, Caribbean Circuit, Skandia Cowes Week, Newport Bermuda, Transatlantic Race, Transpac, Pacific Cup the SFBBS and more. Our solutions are very creative and all savings are passed on to the client. We offer fast logistical analysis and turn-around times.
- Logistical considerations on a global scale.
- Haulage and shipping
- Crew travel
- Crew accommodation
- Freight handling
- International customs clearing
- Wide loads or special handling are not an issue.
- Emergency response capabilities are available within our service.
Racing Yacht Management ensures you are fully prepared for an event with all the details addressed professionally, efficiently and accurately . To attract and retain talent and exceptional sailors, high levels of readiness and organization are expected. When you spend tens of thousands of dollars on a major ocean race, you expect things to go smoothly and to have a winning strategy .
We do all of the legwork to make sure the team competes at its optimum:
- Measurement and safety inspection coordination;
- Event registration;
- Yacht transportation and logistics;
- On-site yacht preparation;
- Team management;
- Meal planning and the actual cooking of the meals;.
- Sail repair facilitation ;
- Branded team clothing – such as Musto, Henri Lloyd and Camet;
- Cleaning and scrubbing services;
- Electronics calibration;
- Weather reports services;
- Crew management and organization
All yacht management and commissioning packages are tailored to suit the needs of the individual and the type of yacht. All work is completed to the highest standard by qualified people. Where necessary we sub-contract work to marine specialists with a passion for sailing and professionalism. Our associates include professional sailors, naval architects, interior designers, canvas workers, boat builders, mast builders, OEMs and independent vendors.
Just step onboard and your boat will be meticulously prepared, allowing you to fully concentrate on winning or having a great cruising experience. Services include:
- General maintenance - deck gear servicing, polishing, cleaning and repair;
- Repair – sail, mechanical, electronic, fiberglass, rigging;
- Owner representation - work with dozens of different yard owners making sure you receive value for your money;
- One off services – emergencies after racing and taking sails for repair;;
- Equipment consulting - what to buy and where to get the best price;
- Voyage planning – destination recommendation, navigation, entry requirements, chart portfolios;
- Safety equipment
- Emergency repair kits.
Racing Yacht Management assists owners in creating realistic local or international race schedules. Managing a yacht racing program calls for a special set of skills; the same skills needed to run a small business. RYM brings a level of organization and efficiency expected in the business world to the business of racing yachts . Our extensive yachting industry experience and network are available to help teams achieve their individual goals.
RYM provides detail-oriented campaign management made with the unique needs of yacht racers in mind. Let us take care of the details so that your team is free to focus on getting the boat around the course, allowing you as an ownerto enjoy the experience.
High quality products and services for race yacht owners who want to increase the performance of their yacht including:
- Budget preparation - providing information on costs involved;
- Logistical consideration including travel and accommodation arrangements;
- Yacht preparation and transportation;
- Pre-arranged shore support familiar with racing circuits and requirements including riggers, sail makers and divers all standing by for any contingency during the event;
- Management of yacht optimization and redesign – fine tuning covering the boat from the tip of the mast to the bottom of the keel including organization of two boat testing;
- Crew – provision of amateurs and professionals;
- Sail testing and tuning coordination.
We are ready to assist you, no job or boat is too big or too small .
Racing Yacht Management has managed new build and refit projects in New Zealand, the USA and the UK. We offer full project management services from inception to completion and assistance for existing projects. We act as an owner’s representative while your boat is being refit.
The range of our projects projects keep us working successfully with some of the best yards and technicians in the marine industry. They are the foundation of RYM's network.
In 2008, RYM is working to finish off a new build Saga 409 at Westerly Marine in Orange County, California
Race Yacht and Rib Charters
- Corporate hospitality;
- Arranging charters and research prospective charter boats.
Charter a boat for your next corporate team building event. Inspire, develop and hone communication skills, goal attainment principles and challenge your executives and staff in an environment not too dissimilar from the corporate world.